There are two reasons why you would purchase the Nespresso system of capsule coffee:
1. You are a hands-on coffee enthusiast with broad well-developed tastes;
2. You are really well persuaded by George Clooney.
I guess it could actually be both.
The Nespresso capsule machines are generally bigger, more expensive and more complex than other branded systems. They offer more control over the different aspects of your coffee, allowing you to tweak things such as strength and heat to perfection.
As larger machines they tend to need emptying and refilling less often, and can make many more cups of coffee in a day. They are a little bit more involved, a little bit fussier than smaller machines, but a great many people like their coffee that way.
These machines give you a café quality coffee at home and for a fraction of the cost that you would hand over to your local bearded barista.
You can use the Nestle brand capsules with your machine, but there is also an extremely wide range of compatible capsules on the market, which give you more variety and a more competitive price.
I have detailed some of the most popular Nespresso system machines for your consideration below:
DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz
- Adjustable to coffee strengths and mug sizes
- Optional milk frother extra
- Different colour choices
- Easy to use and clean
- Wide range of great tasting compatible capsules available
- Compact and reasonably priced
- Not a lot of functions and controls, more for people who like their coffee simple
- Makes just one cup at a time
DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie
- Milk warmer
- Range of colour choices
- Compact, takes up little benchspace
- Good looking and in colours to match your kitchen including silver, red, sky blue and lime
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to use
- Good brand name with well-regarded customer service
- So small it travels well; good to take on holidays with you!
- Smallish water tank – will only make a couple of coffees before it needs to be refilled
Breville Nespresso Inissia
- Milk frother attachment
- Choice of red or white
- Easy to use and clean
- Budget-friendly price
- Great quality machine, easily matched with compatible capsules for high quality low priced fresh coffee.
- Great as a gift, or for people starting out on their capsule adventure
- Small water tank, will only make a few coffee before needs refilling
- No milk temperature setting, and coffee does not come out super-hot
- Limited height of froth
- Adjustable coffee strengths and cup sizes
- Auto power-off
- Milk frother
- Choice of red or cream
- Very attractive; iconic vintage KitchenAid design
- Large water tank
- Can handle many coffees in a day
- Large rubbish tray
- Larger and more expensive than some people might be willing to commit to
Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
- Electronic menu
- A number of different settings to suit every taste
- Frothing wand with adjustable milk temperature and froth height
- Can handle a high volume of coffee; good for people who drink a lot of coffee!
- Good for a variety of different drinks
- Easy to clean
- Makes hot, silky froth
- Allows good control of your drinks
- Wide range of compatible capsules available
- May be a little expensive for some
- May be too complex or fussy for people who just want simple coffee
It is hard to go wrong with a Nespresso machine, as there really is one for everyone. And of course you are not restricted to use the branded coffee capsules; you have available to you a wide range of compatible capsule choices also.
Caffe Bonini produce 100% Italian coffee, handcrafted and boutique roasted to traditional recipes. Your capsule coffee experience is only as good as the quality of coffee that you use. Visit our homepage and choose from the beans, and compatible capsules and pods at https://au.caffe.com