So you know that you can’t make it through the day without your caffeine hit, but did you know that this little indulgence might actually be good for you?
Well I’ve got some happy news for you; your must-have coffee might be helping your body a little bit at the same time, so now you can stop feeling guilty about it. You could even use having coffee as an excuse to skip the gym and get pizza for dinner.
Maybe not, but in addition to giving you energy and making you alert, studies have shown there could be quite a few health benefits to your coffee habit. Let’s look at some of these below.
1. Coffee is naturally high in antioxidants, which help your body stay healthy and fight many kinds of disease by either preventing or slowing down cell damage. Antioxidants are kind of magic, and have been reported to reduce inflammation, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and stroke. In fact caffeinated coffee contains more health boosting properties than the same amount of blueberries.
2. You probably already knew this, but coffee is good for your mood. Studies have shown that people who drink regular cups of coffee are less likely to suffer from depression, and have a reduced chance of suicide. This is because coffee contains natural mood enhancers that work with your hormones to make you feel better. It also reduces anxiety, helps your headaches and makes you poop, all things that put you in a better mood.
3. Coffee may increase female sex drive. So far the studies on this one are only conclusive in female rats, but you know, there’s a chance that it’s the same thing for humans. Drinking coffee stimulates the part of the brain which regulates arousal. It might still be a bit of a stretch at this point, but still a good excuse to surprise your girlfriend with a soy latte.
4. Drinking coffee is good for your liver. Studies have shown that coffee may help to repair your liver and reduce the damage it is incurring from other sources such as alcohol. You have a reduced risk of liver cirrhosis, increased liver protection benefits, as well as a reduced risk of liver cancer.
5. Studies have shown that people who drink coffee everyday have improved memories and a reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. This is because caffeine is a substance called a methylxanthine which has psychoactive abilities and may increase cognition. Methylxanthines increase metabolic rate and cause fat burning effects.
In fact, coffee is actually so good for you that the USDA’s dietary guidelines released in 2015 recommended having 3 to 5 cups of black coffee a day to improve overall health and reduce the development of disease.
Take coffee in moderation. Of course, too much of anything is not good so moderation is key to living a healthy life. The amount of coffee that a lot of people consume may go beyond healthy and beneficial and slide into addictive and damaging. We also need to be aware that almost all of the studies discussed state that you are not able to add milk, cream or sugar to coffee and still get the same reported benefits however.
Order compatible pods and capsules for 40 cents each. Fortunately with Caffe Bonini capsules you have so many rich, creamy, flavoursome coffee options that you can try without needing to add anything if you don’t want to. Try some today and you’ll start feeling the benefits right away. If you need coffee capsules and coffee pods for your machine at 40 cents to 50 cents each, then Caffe Bonini can provide you with 100% Italian, authentic roasted coffee. We have multiple compatability for Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Caffitaly, and Lavazza. We offer free delivery in Australia for offers of $50 or more.